The Director of Player Safety of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, Raymond Bolduc, suspended Mathieu Nadeau of the Val-d’Or Foreurs for 3 games. The suspension was handed out following an incident that occurred on October 1st against the Victoriaville Tigres.
Here is the rationale that led to the decision:
– There was scrimmage in front of the opposing team’s net.
– The opponent was pushed on the ice.
– The player at fault pushed his opponent with his stick while he was laying on the ice.
– The player at fault struck his opponent with the paddle of his stick below the waist of his opponent.
– The hit was forceful
– It was an intentional and dangerous hit
– The move was directed towards the player (spearing)
– His opponent was not injured on the play.
The Director of Player Safety took this decision after having viewed videos of the incident, considered the officials report, spoken to the players and organizations involved and after consulting the Advisory Committee for disciplinary action.